TRAINING NAME: Principles and Practices – Building Better Boards
HOST ORGANIZATION: Colorado Nonprofit Association
TIME: 1:30PM - 4:30PM
Better nonprofits start with better boards. This workshop introduces you to the basics of board governance. For board members, we’ll review the role, responsibilities and critical legal considerations of serving on a volunteer board.
Next, we’ll talk about ways to increase board member involvement and satisfaction through meaningful engagement in:
- Quality governance and fiscal oversight
- Strategic planning and program delivery; effective organizational structure
- Advocacy, community outreach and resource development
- Recruitment, development and retention of both staff and volunteer leadership.
The Colorado Nonprofit Association’s Building Better Boards is based on Principles & Practices for Nonprofit Excellence in Colorado (P&P). Released in January 2011, this second edition of the P&P includes legal and accounting requirements, in addition to best practices for your organization.
All workshop attendees will receive:
- A free copy of P&P, second edition
- A comprehensive P&P Governance Toolkit, featuring samples and templates
LOCATION: Details Coming Soon - Check Registration Page